Bike and Boat Greece - Ionian Islands - Corfu to Cephalonia
About your bike tour
This bike and boat tour of the Ionian Islands off the west coast of Greece, shows off Hellas greenest side.
Pure nature, the crystal clear blue shimmering waters of the Ionian Sea and centuries of Venetian influences dominate the archipelago of the Ionian Islands. From Corfu, which was the dream island of the unforgettable Austrian empress Sissi, this journey leads us to regions not very well known abroad and will provide you with exciting terrain to view.
Discover the famous island of Ithaca which is said to have been the home of Odysseus, and nor will you will ever forget the green bird sanctuary island of Lefkas; the fantastic mountain world of Cephalonia and the beautiful olive woods of the small island of Paxos.
We enjoy our stay on board of the wooden motor yacht. Allow yourself to be pampered by the excellent Greek cuisine and the coziness of the ship!
Individual journey to Corfu airport and collective transfer to Corfu
Check in on the Panagiota cruise ship from 2 pm on. Dinner on board. Overnight stay in Corfu town.
In the morning we crossover to Sivota. The start of the first cycle tour and leads to Parga, the only centre of tourism on the western coast of the Greek mainland.
Parga is a pretty town with a medieval fort towering over the old town. Here the boat awaits us to take us to Nidri on Lekas Island. On our way we pass the original swing-bridge which connects Lefkas to the Greek mainland
Todays cycle route takes us from Nidri first to a nearby waterfall. If you are lucky they may still carry enough water for a refreshing morning swim.
Along quiet roads through the mountains passing Sivros, we cycle later to the harbour in Sivota. After a short sail we anchor at Porto Katsiki, one of the most famous beaches in Greece, for swimming.
Then the ship sails to Fiskardo, where we will spend the night. The harbour town on the Northern point of the island charms visitors with its colorful houses and numerous cafés and bars along the picturesque harbor promenade.
Today’s bike tour leads us from Fiskardo to Sami. We cycle along the high road along the western coast of the island, where we will have lots of unforgettable views like the panoramic view onto Myrtos beach.
We will continue on through the interior of the island and finally reach the eastern coast of Cephalonia with the harbour of Sami. On the way we will visit the stalactite and stalagmite caves of Melissani, which can only be viewed in row boats. In late afternoon there is a crossover to Ithaca
Ithaca, the homeland of the mythical king Odysseus is a hilly island with a beautiful landscapes. On today’s cycle route we can enjoy the typical character of the Ionian Islands away from the beaten tourist track; gnarled olive trees, crystal clear water and friendly islanders – time appears to have stood still on Ithaca.
From Frikes the Panagiota sails to the small island of Meganisi. On the way we pass the privat island of the influential ship-owner Aristoteles Onassis. Meganisi is a tiny island with lots of charm, which we will explore in the afternoon in no time by bicycle
In the morning, we crossover to Mytikas on the Greek mainland. From Mytikas we cycle along the coast and further on meet up with the panoramic roads, passing some mountain villages until we reach the town of Lefkas.
In the afternoon we sail for Paxos island, whose unique natural harbour in Gaios creates a special island atmosphere. We can spend the evening in a cozy tavern in Gaios.
Paxos, the smallest of the seven Ionian Islands is a grove of olive trees, which gives the island its wonderful silver green color.
On today’s cycle trip, we encircle the island. We can have our first swim in the Mediterranean on one of the many beaches. After lunch the boat returns us to Corfu town, where, after dinner on board, you end your tour leisurely with an evening in the romantic historical town centre
After breakfast, check-out, collective transfer to the airport and individual return home or holiday extension on the island of Corfu
Photos of this bike tour
What we love
- go swimming in the clear waters of Katsiki one of the most famous and pristine beaches in Greece
- toasting a friendly local with a traditional Ouzu at a café or a bar along the picturesque harbor promenades
- feeling the myth of King Odysseus on the island of Ithaca with its magnificent hills and beautiful landscape
- mooring in the natural harbor of Gaios with an invitation to swim and spend the evening dining on Greek specialties at a local tavern
What to know
- saddle bag supplied free of charge
- bike helmets are required while cycling in Greece
- if you don't feel like riding, you can spend the day on the ship, swimming or relaxing on-board
- tours are guided in English
- Special Tour Dates: starting on 02.05, 06.06, 22.08, 26.09. Includes a tour of the Gulf of Corinth. Highlights are the temple of Aphaia on Aegina Island, Isthmus of Corinth and the archaeological site of Delphi. Detailed itinerary available upon request.
Flights to corfu transfer to Corfu
Transfer to Corfu airport
April 25th – October 10th 2015
Accommodation & Rates
- $1,727: Double Room (1 bed) - below deck
- $1,727: Double Room (2 beds) - below deck
- $1,861: Double Room (1 bed) - above deck
- $1,861: Double Room (2 beds) - above deck
- $2,129: Single Room - below deck
- $2,263: Single Room - above deck
- 8-day-trip on a two-masted motor yacht with a crew of four
- 7 nights on a motor yacht in a double cabin with shower/WC
- 5 x half-board and 2 x full-board on the ship
- Guided or individual bike tours with itinerary
- Bed linen and towels
- Rental 21-speed trekking bike with saddle bag
- Overview-maps for the daily tours on board
- Entries to museums and archaeological sites (group visits only)
- English-speaking tour guide
- Elektrobike (i:SY Flyer ECO) with saddle bag: 70 euro (limited, on request)
- Additional nights on Corfu: on request
- Drinks on board (tally sheet; to be paid to the captain)
- Meals ashore
- International banking fees: 50 euro
- Tips for crew and tour-guides
- Journey to and from the ship´s dock. Transfers between airport available upon request.
Description of Accommodation during the bike tour
The Panagiota, our latest find in Greece, is an affectionately restored two masted motor yacht, which is 23 ft. wide and 102 ft. long. It was built in 1990 and modernized in 2001 in conformity with cruise requirements.
6 cabins below deck and 4 cabins above deck are at the guests’ disposal. All cabins are air-conditioned and equipped with a French bed (4,6 ft. wide), one single bed plus a private shower and toilet.
There is room for all guests in the spacious saloon to have their meals, to regenerate or to spend some time with new friends.
When the weather conditions are fine the guests can have the meals outside on the shaded rear deck.
The spacious sun deck, equipped with cozy mats, invites to have a sun bath and to relax.
The cook on board is a member of the crew and prepares breakfast and one or two warm meals a day. The catering starts with the dinner on the arrival day and ends with the breakfast on the departure day.
High Season Markup
- + $65.00: Corfu to Athens Special Trip (May 2nd – May 9th)
- + $65.00: Athens to Corfu Special Trip (June 6th – June 13th)
- + $65.00: Corfu to Athens Special Trip (August 22nd – August 29th)
- + $65.00: Athens to Corfu Special Trip (September 26th – October 3rd)
Photos of Accommodation
Photos are examples, actual hotel & room may vary.
included in tour price
included in tour price
E-bike Cube Delhi Hybrid Pro