Bike and Boat Tour France - from Avignon to Aigues Mortes
About your bike tour
This bike and boat tour through Provence, southern France, is a wonderful tour through the wild Camargue nature with its bulls and horses. We pedal from the medieval fortress of Aigues Mortes to Saintes Maries de la Mer and then gradually by boat towards Arles.
Visit the most typical Provence landscape, including the Rhone Valley, Van Gogh’s Provence, the Roman France of Pont du Gard and finally toast with the precious wines of Chateauneuf du Pape.
Route on bike paths and low traffic roads in rural and city areas. Short stretches are on unpaved roads.
This tour offers the chance to choose if pedalling alone with a very detailed route description or with the whole group, following the tour leader.
Individual arrival at 6 p.m. and boarding in Villeneuve-lès-Avignon.
Navigate up to Avignon, the city of popes, and then cycle in the direction of Châteauneuf-du- Pape, following roads with low levels of traffic surrounded by vine- yards. In Châteauneuf- du-Pape you can enjoy a tasting of the very famous provencal wine. After that you will cross the Rhone. You will cross the Rhone through Roquemaure and return to Villeneuve by following the course of the river.
Today’s stage brings you to the best pre- served Roman aqueduct in Europe: Pont du Gard, a truly spectacular work of architecture. In the evening you will moor in Vallabrègues, a pretty Provençal village on the banks of the Rhone.
This stage brings you to Saint Remy de Provence, birthplace of Nostradamus. This village is also famous for having hosted Van Gogh in the days of his mental illness. Then, you move onto the Alpilles, with Les Baux de Provence, a village lodged in the rock itself. A land- scape of limestone cliffs, lavender and olive trees accompanies your journey.
Today, the whole morning is dedicated to visit Arles, the ancient capital of Gaul with beautiful Roman ruins. You will arrive by bike at the wooden bridge, which was masterfully portrayed by the great painter Van Gogh. Then on up to Saint Gilles from there you will sail to Gallician, where you will spend the night.
You will cycle among cane fields, rice fields and salt lakes, accompanied by horses, flamingos and bulls, and arrive at Saintes Maries de la Mer and then Aigues Mortes.
Following the daily route, you will discover Camargue, where nature still prevails with defiance over the invasion of civilization.
After breakfast, end of services.
Photos of this bike tour
What we love
- navigating to Avignon and cycling to Châteauneuf-du-Pape surrounded by endless vine-yards
- mooring in Vallabrègues and savouring the delights of perfectly prepared French culinary
- strolling through narrow streets in Arles, rich in hidden treasures as painted by van Gogh
- cycling through delicious Provençal villages, vineyards and lavender dear to the great artist
- discovering the Camargue, its wild horses and where nature still prevails over civilization
What to know
- the tour is also available from Aigues Mortes to Avignon on some dates - please contact us for details!
Shuttle service from area airport or train station available upon request.
Shuttle service to area airport or train station available upon request.
April 18th – October 17th 2015
Sat, Apr 18 2015Outdated Sat, May 09 2015Outdated Sat, May 16 2015Outdated Sat, May 23 2015Outdated Sat, May 30 2015Outdated Sat, Jun 06 2015Outdated Sat, Jun 13 2015Outdated Sat, Jun 20 2015Outdated Sat, Jun 27 2015Outdated Sat, Jul 04 2015Outdated Sat, Jul 11 2015Outdated Sat, Jul 18 2015Outdated Sat, Jul 25 2015Outdated Sat, Aug 01 2015Outdated Sat, Aug 08 2015Outdated Sat, Aug 15 2015Outdated Sat, Aug 22 2015Outdated Sat, Aug 29 2015Outdated Sat, Sep 05 2015SOLD OUT Sat, Sep 12 2015SOLD OUT Sat, Sep 19 2015SOLD OUT Sat, Sep 26 2015SOLD OUT Sat, Oct 03 2015SOLD OUT Sat, Oct 10 2015SOLD OUT Sat, Oct 17 2015SOLD OUT
Accommodation & Rates
- $1,460: Double Room (1 bed)
- $1,460: Double Room (2 beds)
- $1,866: Single Room
- 7 overnights aboard our classic passenger barge
- daily breakfast
- daily dinners
- daily self-made packed lunch
- sheets and towels
- detailed route description, maps and info-pack
- tour leader on bike
- harbour charges
- coffee and tea on board
- wine tasting in Châteauneuf-du-pape
- Beverages on board
Description of Accommodation during the bike tour
We offer 2 wonderful ships on this trip:
This boat was built in 1958 and converted into a passenger boat in 1988. The last refit, dated 2009, brought its level to the today’s comfort standards.
Capacity: 22 guests Lenght: 38.5 m Width: 5.1 m Draught: 1.6 m
Cabins: 12 cabins (4 Doubles, 6 Twins, 2 Singles) measuring 7-8 m2. Each cabin has three fixed portholes (one is in the bathroom) air conditioning and en-suite facilities with shower area; plus ample closet space, a power socket and a full-length mirror. Bed sizes: 1.90 m x 0.80 m (Singles) and 1.90 m x 1.40 m (Doubles). The Living Area: Measuring 12.50 x 4.70 m and air-conditioned, it is divided in two areas, the Restaurant (up to 22 seats), the Salon area with an open bar, a total of 10 windows give plenty of natural light. Sundeck with seating accommodation and fixed awning. Half of the sundeck is completely sheltered from the elements
Free WiFi in the restaurant/ bar area. Stereo system in the restaurant/ bar area
Capacity: 20 guests Length: 39 m Width: 5.2 m Draught: 1.6 m
10 Double cabins (one with a double bed and nine with twin beds) measuring 7-8 m2. Each cabin has two portholes (one is in the bathroom), is air-conditioned and has en-suite facilities. Bed sizes: 1.90/2 m x 0.75/0.80 m. The air-conditioned living room is divided into two areas: restaurant, with large picture windows and bar area with comfortable sofas and armchairs. Sundeck with a fixed awning, tables and chairs
Free WiFi in the restaurant/bar area. “Bring and Borrow” supply of travel books. Pétanque/Boules sets and board games available
Off Season Discount
- - $130.00: Early Season Discount - Avignon to Aigues Mortes (April 18th – April 25th)
- - $130.00: Early Season Discount - Aigues Mortes to Avignon (April 25th – May 2nd)
- - $130.00: Early Season Discount - Avignon to Aigues Mortes (May 2nd – May 9th)
- - $130.00: Early Season Discount - Aigues Mortes to Avignon (May 9th – May 16th)
- - $130.00: Mid Season Discount - Aigues Mortes to Avignon (August 1st – August 8th)
- - $130.00: Mid Season Discount - Avignon to Aigues Mortes (August 8th – August 15th)
- - $130.00: Mid Season Discount - Aigues Mortes to Avignon (August 15th – August 22nd)
- - $130.00: Mid Season Discount - Avignon to Aigues Mortes (August 22nd – August 29th)
- - $130.00: Late Season Discount - Aigues Mortes to Avignon (October 10th – October 17th)
- - $130.00: Late Season Discount - Avignon to Aigues Mortes (October 17th – October 24th)
High Season Markup
- + 1c: Avignon to Aigues Mortes (May 16th – May 23rd)
- + 1c: Aigues Mortes to Avignon (May 23rd – May 30th)
- + 1c: Avignon to Aigues Mortes (May 30th – June 6th)
- + 1c: Aigues Mortes to Avignon (June 6th – June 13th)
- + 1c: Avignon to Aigues Mortes (June 13th – June 20th)
- + 1c: Aigues Mortes to Avignon (June 20th – June 27th)
- + 1c: Avignon to Aigues Mortes (June 27th – July 4th)
- + 1c: Aigues Mortes to Avignon (July 4th – July 11th)
- + 1c: Avignon to Aigues Mortes (July 11th – July 18th)
- + 1c: Aigues Mortes to Avignon (July 18th – July 25th)
- + 1c: Avignon to Aigues Mortes (July 25th – August 1st)
- + $195.00: High Season - Aigues Mortes to Avignon (August 29th – September 5th)
- + $195.00: High Season - Avignon to Aigues Mortes (September 5th – September 12th)
- + $195.00: High Season - Aigues Mortes to Avignon (September 12th – September 19th)
- + $195.00: High Season - Avignon to Aigues Mortes (September 19th – September 26th)
- + $195.00: High Season - Aigues Mortes to Avignon (September 26th – October 3rd)
- + $195.00: High Season - Avignon to Aigues Mortes (October 3rd – October 10th)
Photos of Accommodation
Photos are examples, actual hotel & room may vary.
27-gear Men's City Sports Bike
27-gear unisex City Sports Bike